"May the Blessed Mother reveal Her Son to you in the Rosary"
The Fifteen Promises were given to Dominican Fathers Saint Dominic and Blessed Alan de la Roche, members of the great order of preaching friars.
Saint Dominic was preaching to the Albigenses with little success. In frustration, he prayed to our Blessed Mother for guidance. She replied saying: "Wonder not that you have obtained so little fruit by your labors, you have spent them on barren soil, not yet watered with the dew of Divine grace.
When God willed to renew the face of the earth, He began by sending down on it the fertilizing rain of the Angelic Salutation. Therefore preach my Psalter composed of 150 Angelic Salutations and 15 Our Fathers, and you will obtain an abundant harvest."
The revelation occurred at the church
of Prouille in 1208.
- Whoever shall faithfully serve me by the recitation of the Rosary shall receive signal graces.
- I promise my special protection and the greatest graces to all those who shall recite the Rosary.
- The Rosary shall be a powerful armor against hell; it will destroy vice, decrease sin and defeat heresy.
- It will cause virtue and good works to flourish. It will obtain for souls the abundant mercy of God;
it will withdraw the hearts of men from the love of the world and its vanities, and will lift them to the desire of eternal things.
Oh, that souls would sanctify themselves by this means!
- The soul that recommends itself to me by the recitation of the Rosary shall not perish.
- Whoever shall recite the Rosary devoutly, applying himself to the consideration of its sacred mysteries
shall never be conquered by misfortune: if he be a sinner, he shall not perish by an unprovided death;
if he be just, he shall remain in the grace of God. He shall become worthy of eternal life.
- Whoever shall have a true devotion for the Rosary shall not die without the sacraments of the Church.
- Those who are faithful to the recitation of the Rosary shall have during their life and at their death
the light of God and the plenitude of His graces. At the moment of death they shall participate in the
merits of the saints in paradise.
- I shall deliver from purgatory those who have been devoted to the Rosary.
- The faithful children of the Rosary shall merit a high degree of glory in heaven.
- You shall obtain all you ask of me by the recitation of the Rosary.
- All those who propagate the Holy Rosary shall be aided by me in their necessities.
- I have obtained from my Divine Son that all the advocates of the Rosary shall
have for their intercessors the entire celestial court during their life and at the hour of death.
- All who recite the Rosary are my sons, and brothers of my only son, Jesus Christ.
- Devotion to my Rosary is a great sign of predestination.
Copyright © The Prayerful Rosary